Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ray's in the City

I had been thinking about writing a post titled "Is there good food in downtown Atlanta?" and answering no, but that's because I didn't know about Ray's in the City.  I reviewed Ray's in the Water earlier and I was similarly impressed by the city version, which is across the street from the Hyatt Regency.  I do have one minor complaint, however.  Although the salmon itself was wonderful, the blackening was desultory at best.  A blackened piece of meat is supposed to have a thin but distinct crust made from burned spices.  The coating on this fish was more like what you'd get from a quick pass with an airbrush.  I missed both the spicy taste and the texture.  But as I say, the salmon itself was very well prepared.  My Ray's salad was also excellent.  It had a great combination of cheese, nuts, and fruits in addition to the lettuce. Ray's in the City on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment