Monday, May 11, 2009

Tin Lizzy's

Tin Lizzy's is across the street from Oakland Cemetery, near Six Feet Under.  A musician was playing in the bar while I was there, not bad for mid-afternoon.  I started off with the black bean soup, which is great comfort food.  I would put it in the same ballpark as the version I had at Stone Soup Kitchen, although I would have to put Stone Soup's slightly higher in ranking.  I then had a soft taco.  Tin Lizzy's are considerably larger than those at Taqueria del Sol.  Depending on your appetite, one may or may not be enough to make a meal.  My taco had a nice bite to it thanks to the peppers and the meat was very well prepared.  The taco was served on a whole wheat tortilla.  That's an interesting choice; I don't think that it made much difference to the taste or texture one way or the other. Tin Lizzy's Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment