Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flying Biscuit Cafe


I've heard so much about the Flying Biscuit Cafe that I knew I had to try it. I finally got there this weekend. I went to their original location, fairly near Inman Park. It's an authentically funky spot.

I ate at the take-out counter to speed things up. I had biscuits and gravy and a side of sausage. Quite frankly, I was slightly disappointed. On the plus side, the gravy was full of chunks of sausage. But it was too thin for my taste. Gravy needs to be substantial---it is the glue that holds the ribs together during a hard day's work. I also found the biscuits to be a little too homogeneous and without the flaky structure that comes from hand working. It certainly hit the spot, but I think that some other locations around town that I've written about, such as Country Kitchen and Silver Skillet, have better (and more authentic) biscuits and gravy. The Flying Biscuit Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment