Friday, June 22, 2012

Palo Alto CA: Macarthur Park

Macarthur Park has been one of the favorite locations in Palo Alto for several decades now. It is housed in a beautiful building designed by Julia Morgan, the renowned 20th century architect, located next to the Palo Alto train station. My friend Ken Doran and I went there for dinner. Macarthur Park is very well known for its steak and I indulged myself. Ken had the salmon. My steak was quite good, although in my view not up to the level of someplace like Harris Ranch. But the well-executed food complemented the sturdy and beautiful century old building perfectly. The restaurant gave us exactly what we were looking for---a relaxing, convivial experience and chance for us to catch up with each other's lives. MacArthur Park on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment