Friday, June 29, 2012

Tucker: S & S Cafeteria

I decided to check out S&S in Tucker through the unusual route of a visit to Technique, the Cordon Bleu cooking school. While I was waiting for a table, some of the other couples discussed restaurants and mentioned S & S. Since I hadn't tried it, I thought that this was the perfect excuse to get myself over there.
Cafeteria food can be tricky---it isn't easy to maintain flavor through large batches of cooking and staying out on the steam table. I thought that my meal held up pretty well. My roast beef was very meaty. The cole slaw was very crisp. I also snagged a bite of the cornbread, which was great with their bits of JalapeƱo. And the entire meal was amazingly cheap. The service was extremely gracious and courteous. Matthews Cafeteria up the road is still king, but overall, I would rank this as a very successful cafeteria meal. S & S Cafeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment