Wednesday, June 10, 2015

San Francisco: Town Hall

I had a wonderful meal at Town Hall in SoMa. It's in a beautiful old brick building. The service was extremely gracious starting from the moment I walked in the door. The menu is an interesting mix of seafood and Southern.

Loaves of bread are kept prominently at the entrance to the dining area. The bread was as good as it looked.

I started with two oysters, one from California and one from Washington. The sweetness of the oyster and the salt of the sea is an unbeatable combination.

For my main course, I ordered the sea bass with a beautifully crisped skin. It was served in a broth with an assortment of tidbits: ham, okra, small oysters.

I succumbed to temptation and ordered the cherry and goat cheese tart for dessert. The combination was as spectacular as I had hoped---a perfect combination. The baked cheese was a wonderful complement to the rich cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment