I visited the new farmers' market on Buford Highway. It's located near the southern end, perhaps a mile south of Clairmont---my best local reference is the bowling alley.
Most of these markets skew toward one or a few ethnicities. This one definitely serves the Hispanic market, although it has the usual selection of items from everywhere. Here are some random observations:
* A pretty good deal on organic peaches.
* A wide variety of interesting produce that I've never cooked with before.
* What I assume must be lard labeled as "pork oil," a strangely accurate description.
* Fresh chiccarones.
* A large selection of woks next to a large selection of pans with largely Spanish labeling.
* Some really huge pots and an excellent selection of tortilla presses.
* And they handed out fresh popcorn at the exit!