Saturday, November 14, 2015

City Farmers Market

City Farmers Market is the new market on Buford Highway in Chamblee, taking over and radically renovating the former location of a flea market. The store is very nicely appointed. Speakers played "Mr. Grinch" as I walked in, an interesting choice that, along with the fancy architecture, gave it a bit of an amusement park feel. The market is very large and well-appointed. As tradition dictates, aisles are marked by nationality. The produce section includes a wide variety of items whose use I don't fully understand. The large meat counter includes some items whose function I do understand ("beef pizzles"). The fish counter is very large and well-appointed. I picked up a couple of cans of coconut milk and I will think about some interesting dishes that I could make from items I pick up on my next visit.

1 comment:

  1. But it doesn't compare with Buford Highway Farmer's Market up the street. My first reaction in the produce section was fear of slipping - the floor was wet in many places. Also encountered slippery floors in other areas. A major no-no and I told customer service, where my comment got scant acknowledgement. Very unlike BHFM. Also, lacked the multi-ethnic sections of BHFM. And, one more gripe-what was it with the expensive Lee's Bakery Bahn Mi sandwiches. I was hoping for a quick stop off place from the MARTA station.

    ReplyDelete