Monday, April 3, 2017

Chamblee: Dish Korean Cuisine

Dish is one of the clutch of new restaurants in the City Farmers Market complex on Buford Highway. I caught them during their trial run; they should open later this week. So far, everything seems to be running well, brimming with the enthusiasm of a new restaurant. The space is high-ceilinged, bright, and inviting. Everything is accented with the blond wood trim of traditional Korean design.

My meal started, of course, with some pickled vegetables. Everything tasted great; I have a weakness for the pickled turnips. After I gobbled everything down, the owner rushed back with another round.

My main course was this beautiful tofu and mushroom steak. The tofu was very lightly crusted and topped with a hearty brown sauce. The combination of the sauce and the mushrooms gave the dish a great umami kick. And the serving was downright huge. I left very satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment