I decided to try ordering coffee from Hawaii for my latest batch. I ordered these medium roast beans from Royal Islander Coffee on Kona. Ordering coffee beans from Hawaii isn't cheap but it isn't that much more expensive than buying high-end beans locally. The beans came incredibly quickly, in just three days.
Their flavor is very good and very nicely balanced. The medium roast is only mildly acidic, which allows for a different profile from the coffee. I think that I preferred the beans I brought back a few months ago from Maui. But these beans are very, very good and I will enjoy them to the last drop.
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.

Comments
Post a Comment