Himalayas has been a mainstay of Indian food in Chamblee for years. They just moved to Peachtree Road, the main drag of Old Chamblee, across from the MARTA station. Their new place provides an upgraded decor. Their friendly, welcoming service remains. The menu has been simplified somewhat and relies more on a pick-and-choose approach. Those huge, multi-course dinners seem to be gone.
I started with papadums and some excellent chutneys. The plating shows their new style.
The garlic naan was pillowy soft and nicely scented with garlic.
This is my vegetable korma. The preparation seems a little richer than in the old location. The sauce was very smooth and spicy without being overwhelming.
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.




Comments
Post a Comment