My visit to the knife shop gave me a chance to visit the famous Tsukiji neighborhood. I didn't go into the market proper but the streets in the neighborhood offer a wide range of vendors. Many of the people on the streets are foreigners; the vendors all seem to be comfortable dealing in English.
All sorts of foodstuffs are available. Of course, visiting markets while traveling leads to frustration since I don't have a kitchen in Tokyo.
I didn't grab a photo but omelet-on-a-stick was a popular snack.
I bought a small bag of dried pineapple for my flight back.
And for immediate sustenance I bought one of these pork buns. The bun itself was juicy and tasty. The plate came with a tiny dab of yellow mustard that had a great punch.
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.






Comments
Post a Comment