Langer's is famous for it's pastrami. I managed to make it to the counter just before the restaurant closed at 4 PM. The decor is classic 1970's although the restaurant itself is much older.
I enjoyed the cole slaw: slightly sweet and moderately crunchy.
Here is my sandwich. The pastrami itself was flavorful and tender. I was a little disappointed in the rye bread. Although the center was tender, the crust was tough. Overall, a very good sandwich and I'm glad I made it to last call.
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.



Comments
Post a Comment