Nebraska is full of meat but much of it comes in the form of steak and burgers. So I particularly appreciate Mary Ellen's efforts to stop in front of my building once or twice a week and provide some outstanding Q.
Pitmaster John showed me his operation. This large smoker billows out smoke that really brings out the customers.
My first meal was pork that I consumed too quickly to photograph. The pork was sweet, porky, and nicely moist. The beans had a great pickly tang that adds a very nice touch. My most recent meal was this rib plate. The ribs were very meaty and perfectly cooked---I tugged the meat gently off the bone.
Keep the Q coming!
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.
Comments
Post a Comment