Witty and I decided to take a break from pre-Thanksgiving emails for lunch at Lan House. This gave me the opportunity to try something that I have seen go to other tables. The pork belly was extremely tender, just north of fall apart. The sauce had a touch of peanuts to give a rounder sense of savoriness. The meat, fat, peanuts, and salty soy sauce all made for a symphony of pleasure, wrapped in little buns.
A wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone wherever you are!
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.

Comments
Post a Comment