I bought a new PK Grill and decided that steak was the perfect inaugural meat. Here are the coals getting ready.
I had plenty of room for three large steaks. I put the lid down after a couple of minutes to reduce the flaming. The thermometer registered 350 degrees but I could still touch the lid with my bare hand. All that heat stayed inside.
The steak was delicious---char on the outside, medium rare on the inside. I plan to explore the range of application for my new grill.
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.
Comments
Post a Comment