Manchester is a good mid-point for lunch and a break on the road between Atlanta and Nashville. I originally drove over to a fast food emporium near the highway. When I saw the long line, I realized that Jiffy Burger was just a mile away. I probably ate faster after driving to Jiffy Burger than I would have by staying in line at Chainsville Fast Food.
My double-burger was superb, wonderfully meaty. My onion rings were similarly outstanding. My server was very friendly and courteous. Thank you, Jiffy Burger! Keep up the good work!
Luella's is a nouvelle BBQ outfit on the north side of Asheville. It is nestled among the trees in a lovely neighborhood. The restaurant has lots of windows for inside seating and plenty of outside seating. Service was courteous and amazingly fast. This is a combination plate with pork and brisket. Both were very moist and tender. For the pork, I tried both the mild and hot vinegar sauces. To my surprise, I preferred the milder one because it didn't assert itself too much. I enjoyed the spicy tomato sauce for my brisket. The hushpuppies were very good. The fried okra was fresh out of the fryer and excellent. The slaw was of the vinegary variety, which I usually enjoy, but this version is heavy on the white stuff and didn't have quite enough variety in tastes for me.
Comments
Post a Comment